Thursday, May 06, 2010

Still losing it?


FOLLOW UP Two months after the NXg Honey, I Shrunk Myself programme ended, what have the participants been upto. ARCHANA SUBRAMANIAN

2009102204k04ef7bv02.jpg

Two months after Honey I Shrunk Myself came to a grand end, we decided to ask the contestants what they’ve been up to. Was HISM a one-off? Or did it really make a difference to their lives? Have they succeeded in maintaining the gains from the programme or have they gone back to life as before?

Keeping up the change

Sneha sees a new dimension to workout and life since HISM. “Simple things like drinking a lot of water has made a significant impact on me and I follow that till date. I stay in a hostel, so food does take a back seat but I do gym every day for an hour at least. I did put on one and a half kilos but with exercise I have managed to shed it.”Jenny realised that exercise alone is not enough to lose weight and a proper diet was equally important. “HISM has taught me to be aware of what food is good for me and what I should avoid. I am very conscious about what I eat. I have also made a lot of friends and look a lot better and toned. My exercises are not what I used to do…the physios have changed my exercises and I am following a new chart, which makes it more interesting. With regard to my diet it has been modified but I do tend to cheat once in a while.”

Exercises and a diet chart can not only modify your daily schedule but also change your lifestyle. Bhargav feels that HISM has been a blessing in disguise for him. “It helped me realise the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Though I have not been able to exercise regularly, I’ve been strictly following the diet, which has helped me to maintain my weight. From this I have also understood the value of a proper balanced diet.” Rajesh says, “HISM helped me a lot especially when it came to gaining confidence and will power. In the beginning it was bit challenging but as the days went by it was a lot of fun and I knew I would achieve my goal. I was a chain smoker struggling to quit for about four years but after joining HISM I have stopped smoking. I have put on two kg but I know that getting back to shape is not difficult anymore. I manage to avoid fatty foods. My goal now is to get a six pack.”

Others like Sarvanan have gone a step ahead and reduced more weight proving that being regular does pay. “HISM helped me to reduce 13 kg in two months but continuing with it has helped me reduce another five kilos. It’s not just the weight, but I have also managed to shed my fears, and have gained confidence and the right attitude!”

No comments: