Wednesday, December 28, 2005

time of my life

I had the best winters ever...went on this holiday with ush...am sure all u guys know her...for those who don’t she's one of my closest buddies...her birthday was on the 2nd of December and i was running out on ideas what to give her...
it was this point in time that we were bonding...and she told me she had never seen snow just like me..That’s what sparked off our two week long vacation. Just the two of us.. We left for Delhi on the 12th and shopped there till the 14th. on the 15th we went to shimla...shimla is scenic has a couple of architectural wonders like the place where shimla conference was held and the museum....other than that. The place is very lazy...it dies after seven.. But we were very excited as barista stayed awake with us. We chilled there for three days... ad them left for manali a ten hour drive from there..
haan before i forget we went by train till shimla and that was truly amazing...the drive to manali was as beautiful as ever...and even my hill sickness left me this trip...manali, kulu and naggar was truly what they all seemed like in the travel books. And we actually went until rohtang pass and a little beyond on the leh ladakh highway despite it being closed to public in the winters...the snow I mean ice from last year did need some work out. We literally broke the ice...and played with our version called snow...but what stole the entire scene were the frozen waterfalls. They were truly spectacular...i was completely enthralled the way even the ripples and folds of the waters lay completely frozen...the icicles were a treat...
back at Delhi...Vivekh gave me a surprise as he landed there with tickets to Agra...something he and ush had not seen...so that was another trip...we made it back to the hot and sultry Chennai through the fog...
Just had to share all this...it was the most rejuvenating trip...and i had a blast...
Merry Christmas and have a great new year ahead...
Cheers…

8 comments:

Incognito said...

hey, thats nice. we ahem.. not exactly sweated it out.. but swam our way through :P. Hope u have a good new year too :)

Rim said...

A Happy New year to you too. Can see that u had a great trip up north...gr8.

Anonymous said...

Are you taken [ married ] ?

archies world said...

hey rim, incognito...and anonymous...

well thanks for the new year wishes...and incognito..want to know whats with your trip?
and anonymous...yup me well taken...

Suderman said...

arch:
damn!! next time you plan a trip like that, call me!!
its too late for snow now, isnt it? :-|
this post sooo makes me want to go up north for a holiday!!
i hate my life!!

Vikas ( Vicky) said...

Hey gr8.

manali being my one of the favourate holiday place. Really its gr8.
But for Manli i always suggest to go on yor private vehicle coz on the way u can enjoy a lot. Drive by the river side is awesome.

Rohtank pass.....
Good thing: U will find snow wherever u can see.
Bad thing: u can not stay there more than 3 hrs coz of weather diff.

Manali is my all time favourite

Niranjan said...

If U R true Archana, I am Ur Niranjan, Pl come and meet me, because I am fond of U

Anonymous said...

Who is true Archana that we have to confirm from Railway Administration and from CBI department of India.