Tuesday, October 11, 2005

an honest poem...

BROKEN

Do you know what breaking is
A relationship broken
A bond broken
A trust broken
My ray of hope broken

A two letter bomb blew up my house this noon

Built in trust, hope and wish
It blew into a billion pieces…
And with it broke the vase,
The chairs, the teapots, the swing, the slide
And our children

No that’s all he said
And before I knew everything blew
Swept me off the present
Future is never mine
Everything is lost…nothing mine
Into a thousand million pieces
Sprung over space and time
I don’t know if I can ever rebuild…

Its all gone…
Broken

8 comments:

Manju said...

Came here thro' Navin's blog.

The poem and the other stories are really good.

Would be an interesting read if you write a poem on 'YES'. :-)

Keep the good work going.

archies world said...

hey aravind...

will definitely follow your advice..
the poem will come soon...yes!

Anonymous said...

hey..what was the two letter word ??

archies world said...

hey vk...
the two letter word was no...in the sense the guy's no was the answe to their relationship which meant no more of them and thats why she's broken...

Anonymous said...

a good poem i wonder if its possible to for you write a poem on a woman's feeling after she has undergone an abortion for various reasons and after a childbirth
good collection
nice style

Camphor said...

This is a little more regular in terms of structure--- but the idea, that most certainly is not.

It's a moving poem. Is it conscious or do you just break you lines according to the 'feel' of the poem? Becuase the way you cut your lines - the way you end with 'Broken' 'Is Gone'... is just perfect for the poem...

I do hope I'll get to read more of this work.

Niranjan said...

If U R true Archana, I am Ur Niranjan, pl come & meet me, I am fond of U

Anonymous said...

Who is true Archana that we have to confirm from Railway Administration and from CBI department of India.