Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The most meaningful poem i've ever written...

…The analogy….


I think of you and me as two oceans…
We started out as two
With a line in between…separating us
We were close in the beginning…
Coz at that time what we really wanted was:
To be together…
We would do anything to cross over and though we never could
We tried and that’s what mattered…
Whether it was just watching each other,
Or spending time
Listening or talking
We would do it all
Compromises and sacrifices were a parcel in our lives…
As time passed by….
We moved on…
I stayed and u did…move on
I just went a little away at sometimes…
When I felt we were having too may differences
But every step I took away from u
U took four…away
From me…
I stayed on hung there…
As I do till date.
Wondering whether I could give u a hand
Or give u a rope…
Yank you back to me…
Not that I did not try
But I was scared
Because when ever I tried
You did not touch
You did not try to swim this a way
U went far off…
Now things seems to be running away
From the tides…
Into the sunset…
A place where I know I can never reach,
U have dived off into the horizons…
And there I know I can never ever reach out to…
I listen to my heart everyday…
My heart says stay…
u will be mine… always
My mind says move on…
In this dilemma of the heart and mind…
Who are at loggerheads now?
I’m drained out
But not lost out on hope…
What I hope…
Though impossible…
The earth takes a nasty turn and…
Throws u back to me…
And u instead of having ur own path fall into mine…
Back to me…
Back to where things were
U and me…just bliss… nothing else.
And even though time has lapsed
We have not…
Time and tide …
Have taught us
The art of life
‘The art of love’

12 comments:

Rim said...

Beautiful poem. I loved reading the lines - "My heart says stay…
u will be mine… always
My mind says move on…." Its a poem that reflects exactly the position that most people in luv are in.

Rim said...

n btw, wats ur email ID archana? Do post it..

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

hey nice poem archana....... ennada lenghty ah irukke nu thaan padikka aarambichen.... but beyond a point, the poem bcame pacy.......

ore oru kurai..i was expecting a twist in the end :) but that didnt happen........

hey appadiye visit http://rsubras.blogspot.com kooda pa

appuram read ur other posts too...... romba serious ahve eluthareengale archana.... konjam light ah oru post pannungalaen

Anonymous said...

hey...really really good one...held me spell bound till the very end...
the end sort of picturizes the phrase
"Vazhi Mael Vizhi Vaithu Kaathukidakirain"

superb

Subramanian Ramachandran said...

thanks for visiting my blog archana..keep writing poems on different genre :)

Camphor said...

I liked the flow of the poem, the meter is inconstant, but I guess that goes with the poem - like the waves of the ocean, (and there is a lot of pulling, yanking, reaching, throw, moving in your poem) it's contantly in motion, just like relationships.

Your visualizations were also goo... I could picturise the links in your poem, and overall, you did a neat job. *thumbs up*

Madhu said...

Whoa! Good one, Archana! I loved these lines...
"My heart says stay…
u will be mine… always
My mind says move on…
In this dilemma of the heart and mind…
Who are at loggerheads now?"

Niranjan said...

If U R true Archana, I am Ur Niranjan, pl come & meet me, I am fond of U

Anonymous said...

Who is true Archana that we have to confirm from Railway Administration and from CBI department of India.

dummy said...

Very good one. Touched my heart. if u r in orkut add me. I would like to read u r poems. Great job. Keep it up.

archies world said...

hey soumya thanks a tonne...
i guess my situation led me tro write one like that..read broken...its my personal fav

shreyas [the vice] said...

Very Good but not very Poetic.